Monday, March 25, 2013

Simple Step Stool- Sand & Paint {Day 2}

I used 50 grit sandpaper to sand down the wood filler patches.


Use Orbit sander or whatever you have will work.
I used 120 grit sandpaper then used 180 grit sandpaper.


Wipe the dust off with a damp cloth.

Paint the step stool with primer paint which I already have.

I used primer paint from Metropaint in Portland, OR.
FYI- it only cost $8 bucks!!!

Paint it in Crater Lake color which I already have.
First coat and I plan on to paint second coat tonight 
then let it dry overnight and maybe will have to paint one more coat.


Crater Lake color {Metropaint}

To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Try using chair slides on the bottom so you won't scratch the floor. Maybe a couple of finger holes for easy pick up and carrying for the next move?
    Billy
    ****************************

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you do your painting use a couple of lifters to keep your project up so the paint does not stick to the material under the piece when it dries. Also use old news paper under the painting process and then just throw the paper away.
    Billy
    **********************

    ReplyDelete