Monday, April 1, 2013

Simple Step Stool- Distressing Wood and Polyacrylic {Day 3}

I decided the step stool would look good distressed.
I always go for boring, plain, and perfection.
Plus I wanted to learn how to distress a wood. 

I used 120 grit sand paper to distress the step stool.
I was nervous that I will mess it up then I realized that I've to let the fear go. 
Then I went a little wild with distressing and it was fun.

General Finishes
Polyacrylic Water Based Top Coat.
This stuff is awesome!! I am not kidding. 
I used Scott Shop towel and wiped it down 3 coats.

 I let the paint and polyacrylic to cure for a few days.
Finally here are the results. 

Here is a picture of my little lady Gisele sitting on a lovely distressed step stool. 
{Easter 2013}

Yay! Now Gisele is more independent and she's able to wash her hands by herself.
I love my DIY step stool and my kids loves it too! 

1 comment:

  1. Great job Andrea! The step stool looks GREAT and I love it.

    ReplyDelete